Associate Business Analyst at HSBC in Malaysia
Associate Business Analyst
Location : Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Area of interest : Branch and Retail Banking
Job type : Fixed Term – Full Time
Work style : Office Working
Job ID : 0000H69K
Closing date : 01-Jul-2022
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Business Analyst.
In this role, you will:
What you’ll do:
• Content heavy role –Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
• Stakeholder complexity –Business Analysts will often need gather requirements and agree designs across business stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no GCD supervision.
• Multi-disciplinary –Business Analysts need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs
• Employs an improvement mindset to identify and define issues or problems that are less obvious; participates actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved
• Brings structure and order to undefined problems and/or large scale problems, making them easier to address and solve
• Uses systemic thinking and creativity in devising solution options
• Evaluates relative costs, benefits and obstacles of potential solutions before implementing
• Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
• Understands the Group’s priorities, business drivers, competitors and competitive strategy to help drive strategically aligned solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward.
• Questions small-scale business decisions that do not demonstrate alignment to the Group’s commercial strategy
• Anticipates issues and risks and acts to mitigate these quickly; handles any unforeseen roadblocks swiftly and effectively
• Thinks ahead to identify potential risks to service or performance and deals with them proactively; effectively manages review processes to identify quality issues early
• Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external
• Defines requirements management processes and designs detailed business solutions and structures based on business requirements; challenges business intent in a constructive manner
• Identifies areas of impact on the target operating model and designs activities to mitigate impact
• Manages requirements traceability through design and delivery
• Utilises financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits
• Manages the change implementation activities, including business readiness assessment (i.e. avoiding multiple change clashes), implementation pilot (including approach and checklists) and actual implementation (including reporting status and issues)
• Manages the change audience through the commitment curve with communications, training and development
• Supports reengineering of processes, where process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
• Supports the programme management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes and scope
• Supports project or programme resourcing activities
• Allocates tasks and objectives to other analysts on a project or programme
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Good understanding of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
• A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
• Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
• Very strong knowledge of the external environment –regulatory, political, competitors etc.
• Basic Business reengineering knowledge
• Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
• Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
• Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
• Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
• Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
• Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
• Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
• Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
• Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
• Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
• Experience of managing resources using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
• Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
• Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
• Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Job Source: HSBC Career Malaysia