Business Relationship Officer : HSBC – Canada
Business Relationship Officer Job Opening at HSBC in Toronto, Canada
Location : Toronto, Canada
Area of interest : Branch and Retail Banking
Job type : Permanent – Full Time
Work style : Hybrid Working
Job ID : 0000HI7J
Closing date : 14-Jun-2022
Business Relationship Officer at HSBC
Opening up a world of opportunity.
We’re a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role
Supporting the front line customer facing staff who have immediate information/servicing needs related to bank procedures, products, propositions, general inquiries; Key bank support for all customer facing staff with small business clients. The Small Business Analyst is responsible for owning the resolution of complex customer service issues to provide seamless support for front line customer facing staff members.
Accountable for providing outstanding service to internal customers; HSBC customer facing staff. Provides high quality operational, technical, procedural and compliance support across all propositions
- Provide high quality sales support to a team of Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) mainly focused on getting appointment for Business Relationship Managers and supporting Business Relationship Managers in servicing their clients
- Reduce the time spent on process and administrative tasks by Business Relationship Manager to increase Business Relationship Manager’s capacity
- Support Business Relationship Managers to manage client contact and service, including, in the absence of Business Relationship Managers, answering client calls, resolving client inquiries on transactional needs and facilitating a smooth hand-off to the correct channels where appropriate, and managing key event reminders to maintain active client contact
- Provide sales support to Business Relationship Managers including preparing and completing sales documents, managing data input and report generation, and liaising with support functions to follow through client purchase process requirement
- Handle client’s inquiries relating to the Business Relationship Manager’s portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer’s queries at the first point of contact and minimize referrals to the Business Relationship Manager for routine transactions.
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact.
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Support Business Relationship Managers to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. Proactively help HSBC identify opportunity to improve process efficiencies
- Sensitively redirect clients to the most effective and efficient channel
- Support the client in navigating the channel of their choice (to interact with HSBC) effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the client consistently receives a professional premium service which exceeds their expectations at all times
- Prior experience in banking sales/ small business support preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Secondary school graduation required, University / College degree preferred
- Minimum of two years working in financial services industry
- Understanding of core products, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
- Ability to adopt new technology and review reports analysis from Interactive Voice Response systems
- Create Excel worksheets based on analysis of reports and data.
- Understanding of relationship management systems (Credit Risk Management and Relationship Manager Platform etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
- Team player and a good collaborator
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Able to deliver the client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and Excel
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We encourage all Black people, Indigenous People of Canada and people with disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to connect with Dianne Calma, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at [email protected] for support and reasonable accommodations during the selection process.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up here to our Talent Community so we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help build the bank for the future.
Job Source: HSBC Career Canada