Business Analyst at IBM in Canada
Key Job Details
- Country/Region: Canada – CA
- State: MULTIPLE
- City: Multiple Cities
- Category: Consultant
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID: 564857BR
- Travel Required: Some travel may be required based on business demand
IBM Business Analysts work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
If you are looking to be part of a dynamic and growing team working in an innovative environment and you want your contribution to be essential to help with the implementation and improvement of the processes, then this is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Business Analyst whose role will be to analyze and model business needs and processes as well as translate business requirements, operational and functional requirements to development teams
- Work with Product Owner/ development to define business requirements and translate them into user stories
- Collaborate with developers to configure / build new product features
- Use your knowledge of business processes and systems ;
- Provide solutions that meet customer needs and communicate information to developers ;
- Actively and proactively participate in the needs of the project initiation phases to determine the optimal solutions ;
- Write business and functional analyzes, screen models and mappings ;
- Participate in quality control activities. (Quality assurance) ;
- Work closely with developers, database managers and systems administrators and project and product managers.
We are hiring in major cities across Canada. Candidates considered for a Quebec position must be fluently bilingual in both English and French.
In order for IBM to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants, and to afford IBM flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with and among our subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. One of these affiliates is Expertus, an IBM Company. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years in business analysis or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the financial industry and regulation (Electronic high value payments Domestic and Cross border, Corporate Payments management, ISO20022, other payment types.);
- Familiar with BIAN framework preferred
- Be familiar with information technologies and tools such as JIRA, confluence;
- Ability to write concisely and clear ;
- Excellent communication and listening skills ;
- Ability to lead and actively participate in team and client meetings ;
- Initiative, decision-making and rigor ;
- Demonstrate flexibility and good change management ;
- Certain technical knowledge on the following areas, Cloud, DevOps, Continuous deployment, Python, Java, API
- Capacity to create the materials for and conduct training.
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Ability to create nonfunctional requirements for applications (RT RO, Application Availability and SLA, Usability requirements, Archiving, ETC.)
- Experience creating project/ product artifacts
- User stories
- Entity relationship diagram
- Project tracking sheet (Issues tracking, deliverables tracking, ETC)
- Business Case
- Application supporting documentation, (User manual, Release notes, ETC)
- Business architecture diagram
- Initiative, decision-making and rigor;
- English: Fluent (also French fluent, if in Quebec)
- A clear credit check is a requirement for this role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.