Personal Banker : HSBC – Canada
Personal Banker at HSBC in Toronto, Canada
Location : Toronto, Canada
Area of interest : Branch and Retail Banking
Job type : Permanent – Full Time
Work style : Hybrid Working
Job ID : 0000HKUK
Closing date : 22-Jun-2022
Opening up a world of opportunity.
HSBC is a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the world through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our outstanding expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs everywhere.
About the role
As a Personal Banker you are a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering an outstanding customer experience by identifying and fulfilling all customer needs at first point of contact.
You will work within a customer facing capacity in branch, generating revenue growth by meeting and exceeding customer needs, and maximising opportunities across all customer segments.
We’re looking for people with personality, drive and ambition to join our teams.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of HSBC products and services; articulating these to your customer in an engaging and confident manner.
- Effectively question and listen to your customers, enabling you to fully understand both new & existing customer’s financial circumstances and needs
- Proactively drive referrals to Branch Specialist, Premier and Wealth colleagues, to ensure that the customer is provided with the best possible advice
- Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & self-service points, to meet their varying needs
- Be proactive in building & creating a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins
- A passion for continuously delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Consistently deliver a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times
- Effective communication skills, which will enable you to build strong professional rapport
- Ability to demonstrate your understanding of a customer’s requirements through effective fact finding
- Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
- Availale to work 30 hours per week, supporting branch hours Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We encourage all Black people, Indigenous People of Canada and people with disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to connect with Dianne Calma, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at [email protected] for support and reasonable accommodations during the selection process.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up here to our Talent Community so we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help build the bank for the future.
Job Source: HSBC Career Canada