Supply Chain Program Manager : Microsoft – USA
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Supply Chain
Supply Chain Program Manager Vacancy at Microsoft – USA
- Job number: 1349497
- Date posted: May 25, 2022
- Travel: 0-25 %
- Profession: Supply Chain
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Employment type: Full-Time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Cloud Manufacturing Operations and Fulfillment (CMOF) organization within CSCP manages Business Operations performance and supply of hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help build create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
The role of Operations Planner/Manager will be to help develop and manage processes and capabilities that enable the supply chain operations team to meet the production goals with increased efficiency and reduced cycle time.
In this role, you will be an individual contributor responsible for supporting component inventory allocation processes and strategies across the Supply Chain Operations Planning function of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud.
- Working with internal partners on weekly and monthly supply supportability process
- Managing component allocations to support build targets
- Ensuring clear communication of supply plan across internal and external supply chain partners
- Supporting monthly interlocks with suppliers to create awareness, understanding and visibility to plan changes and business objectives
- Driving continuous performance and process improvements including development of tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain, Information Technology (IT), Business, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years supply chain, inventory management or sales operations experience, preferably in planning (demand/supply/forecasting), cloud industry experience, infrastructure, data science, and/or channel management experience OR equivalent experience.
- 2 years working experience in Operations Supply Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain, Information Technology (IT), Business, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Data Science, or related field AND 8+ years supply chain, inventory management or sales operations experience, preferably in planning (demand/supply/forecasting), cloud industry experience, infrastructure, data science, and/or channel management experience OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in project or program management with proven track record of successfully setting up and executing supply chain operational processes
- Extensive experience in leading cross functional internal and external global teams for supply chain operations
- Cloud / high tech experience is a plus
- Knowledge of supply planning disciplines and best practices
- Experience with supply chain analytics and modeling techniques
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build strong relationships across multiple layers in the organization
- Distinctive analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to implement and drive continuous improvement actions to gain efficiencies in a matrix environment
- Proven capabilities in operating in a growing, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience with SAP IBP Supply Planning or similar supply planning tools such as Kinaxis, SAP-IBP, Oracle Cloud Planning, etc. is desirable.
- Proficient with business tools (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel modeling, PowerPoint slides, Power BI) and able to generate quality outputs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Job Source: Microsoft Career and Linkedin Job Posting