Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Business
Business Administrator Job Opening at Microsoft – USA
- Job number: 1310913
- Date posted: May 19, 2022
- Travel: 0-25 %
- Profession: Administration
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Employment type: Full-Time
The mission of Microsoft Digital Employee Experience is to power, protect, and transform the employee experience at Microsoft, as the voice of our digital transition in the market.
As part of Microsoft’s Experiences & Devices (E+D), Data Platform & Growth (DPG), we are responsible for defining the vision for the employee experience, we partner with product engineering teams to deliver employee solutions, we run Microsoft’s internal network and infrastructure, and engineers HR and CELA internal business applications. The team is also on the frontline for campus modernization plans, thinking through both physical and virtual spaces to create inspiring and productive hybrid experiences. Through this work, Microsoft Digital Employee Experience team creates a blueprint for customers and partners as we support them through their own digital transformation.
Are you looking to join an exciting organization where all the action is happening? Do you have a high energy level and love being an Administrator? Do you enjoy tracking data and managing hardware? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for individuals who have determination, flexibility, and initiative along with a high level of attention to detail and focus. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Business Administrator to provide team support to a growing, busy team in Employee Experience. If you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment and are passionate about your role as a business support professional, this might be the role for you. As a Business Admin, you will provide seamless support to a large engineering team. The position requires excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with multiple levels within Microsoft. Exceptional Excel skills are vital to being successful in this role. Working successfully under pressure in a fast-paced team environment, building and maintaining effective working relationships, accommodating diverse work styles, and being fair and unbiased are essential to success in this role, along with attention to detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
We are hiring in the following locations for onsite: Redmond, Washington
- Calendar support
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- New Employee Onboarding
- Team Event Planning + Morale Coordination
- Ensure employees expenses comply with company policies and appropriate category of spend
- Develop & maintain strategic working relationships with Employee Experience admin communities
- Manage Team Distribution Lists
Minimum of 2+ years work experience as an administrative support with:
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and knowledge of internal Microsoft systems such as HeadTrax, Employee Central, HRInsights, iCIMS, Teams and MS Expense is required
- Ability to build effective cross-group working relationships and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be flexible, have a strong eye for detail, meet deadlines and be comfortable working independently
- Maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Desire to take on big challenges and can see the big picture as well as the details
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests
- Strong cross-team collaboration and organizational skills
- Collaborate on planning and support of all-up events including All Hands, morale events and other events as needed
- Ability to lift and move standard office equipment (i.e. computers and peripherals)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away